Tel. 604-319-2088 / E-mail: email@example.com
Tom is a creative and dedicated design professional with experience working in a deadline driven environment. Traditionally trained with excellent drawing skills and extensive knowledge of visual design theories. Organized and self-motivated with excellent observation, problem solving, and communication skills. Tom aspires to a career in 3D modeling.
Products and Technology Proficiency:
Extensive knowledge in Autodesk XSI Softimage, Maya, Mudbox, Sketchbook Pro; Pixel logic Zbrush; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects; Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Conceptualize character and environment design based on required theme and style.
- Analyze designs to maintain overall artistic consistency between assets.
- Gather and prepare reference material used for modeling.
- Organizing and canning assets for use in an environment set.
- Creating high poly models using sculpting packages and generating normal maps.
- Basic rigging and weighting of a character for posing and further sculpting.
- Unwrapping assets with consistent texture density and good UV layouts.
2011 – 2012: British Columbia Institute of Technology, Burnaby. Certificate, Digital Animation.
2002 – 2006: Simon Fraser University, Surrey. Bachelor of Science, Interactive Arts and Technology.
2007 – 2011: 3D Security Management Systems Ltd.
- Nov 2010 – May 2011: Product Design Manager at D3
- Oct 2007 – Nov 2010: Specification writer/UI designer
2005: Simon Fraser University, The Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Editorial Assistant (co-op)